Over the last year, there has been a huge movement to change policing. Many bills have been introduced, some passed into law. The goal of these have ranged from holding police more accountable, to defunding the police and even completely disbanding. We wrote about 5 bill that make policing more dangerous.
One city that’s been on the radar for these movements is Chicago. Last year, Mayor Lori Lightfoot, gave into the defund the police movement. After the disaster that this caused the city, she is now proposing a major increase in police funding.
- NY Post Reports Man Has been Arrested 57 Times This Year, Released Every Time
- Chicago mayor Lightfoot, police union clash after warning of ‘consequences’ for non-vaccinated city workers
- Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx keeps releasing criminals – including accused murderers and gang bangers
- Illinois Republicans propose ‘tough on crime’ legislation package
- As crime skyrockets across America, cities that defunded police are trying to quietly restore the funding
- Ambush attacks on police more than doubled over past year, FOP says
- U.S. Supreme Court sides with police in qualified immunity cases
- City Council passes 2022 operating budget, increasing MPD budget by $1 million
- FDP Fraternal Order of Police says vaccine incentive is the “right approach”