As you know, Illinois has recently undergone some police reform changes, some not so good for the safety of police officers. We wrote on the most dangerous areas in the state.
Any law enforcement officer death is one too many, but unfortunately last year saw a 96% increase in deaths from 2019 to 2020.
- Police association slams stalled reform negotiations: ‘Quit playing politics with people’s lives’
- Tony Evers vetoes bill that would have penalized cities, counties that defund police departments
- Police: Gang member with 25 prior arrests including gun charges released on bond, shoots NYPD cop in leg
- Group releases recommendations for changes on community policing, law enforcement policy in OKC
- Demonizing the police risks public safety and gets cops killed
- FBI: More Officers Slain in 2021 Than in All of 2020
- Chicago top cop: Release of suspect charged in officer’s death ‘an outrage’
- As murders surge, Democrats find a new message: Fund the police