Violence, crime and general unrest continues in Chicago. Mayor Lori Lightfoot continues to place blame anywhere but on the politicians running the city. This time, Covid is to blame.
Despite the current political climate and so much recent unrest towards the law enforcement community, there are still good officers, solid police departments and good places to be a police officer. We wrote about the 5 best states to be a police officer.
- CA Assembly Passes Police Bill That Restricts Qualified Immunity, Creates Decertification Process
- Judge rejects ballot measure to replace Minneapolis Police Department
- NYC to release ‘worst kind of criminals’ from Rikers Island early over staff shortage
- Union survey: Some San Diego cops would consider leaving if there was a vaccine mandate CO Man Gets 45 Years for Shooting Officer in Head
- Chicago mayor unveils $16B budget plan with boost in police spending
- Dallas approves largest police budget ever, defying ‘defund’ movement activists and politicians
- FBI: 2020 homicides up nearly 30%, largest 1-year jump ever
- Police struggle with recruiting new officers to empty academies