This month National Police Support Fund released it’s 2020 Executive Director’s Report by Simon Lewis. We are happy to have stayed true to our mission last year despite the challenges and will do so again this year.
As part of our mission, we’ve been working on a series of blogs discussing why we need qualified immunity and talking about qualified immunity pros and cons. If you haven’t already, check out our qualified immunity resource page.
- Indiana lawmakers propose tougher penalties for rioting
- Police union leader expresses concerns about proposed changes to officers’ legal protections
- Baltimore Police: Misconduct complaints against officers dropped 40% in 2020
- The first state to pass a police ‘Bill of Rights’ could become the first to repeal it
- Local law enforcement leaders speak out against Virginia’s failed qualified immunity bills
- Senate approves bill allowing communities to support law enforcement with street paintings
- Maryland Bill Would End Qualified Immunity for Officers
- Proposed NC Senate bill would penalize local governments that defund police
- AG nominee says he doesn’t support defunding the police